Thursday 14 October 2010

Hair today..gone tomorrow..

For the next few seasons in fashion: clothing, hair and makeup; its all about texture and contrast.. this post I want to focus on hair because...

Whilst strolling around Soho last week on a warm, sunny day I had an epiphany! Its time to lose the summer blonde and go back to dark, with a fringe for winter. So after finding an awesome salon in the backstreets I sat and had wonderfully long chats with the hairdresser..who happened to work extensively on LWF the week previous. He told me that looking forward we will be seeing contrasting hair. With one side of the head slicked back and the other side teased and frizzed. Hair flattened and slick at the crown, with an extremely straight centre side parts; with the hair down, with rough texured waves. Roughed up plaits, teased forward buns..

The shows for Spring/Summer 2011 that the hair designs really impressed me at were Kenzo, Sass & Bide, Dior, Prada and always the one to blow my mind..Giles.

Alexander Wang's A/W 2010 show represented this trend perfectly..



Ive been testing some out at work and having lots of fun with it...
x

No comments:

Post a Comment