HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I trust you all had good times.. me and the boy had orginally planned a biggun seeing a few bands in Camden, but only fresh into the english freezeover, my poor baby has become quite sick :( so off our tickets flew to ebay and off we landed onto our couch for a quieter and more romantic night in. Perfect.
So, back before I got really into my trends etc I always used to think that living in Australia we were always a few seasons behind, and for most of the time we are- Unless! You really follow your fashion and as the S/S 2011 trends even hit stores in the Northern Hempisphere, you jump onto it before its even begun!
If you were really onto it you would have know, in the world of makeup the key trends around for the past while has been liner, dark lips, smokey eyes, red lips and beautifully velvety skin. But as we here in London are all snuggled down in the middle of winter and these trends, over back in Australia the extremely warm weather allows you to be really fashion forward and start wearing the trends that have just been release on the S/S 11 catwalks...
So! What are the trends coming out of S/S 11 FW's??
Perfect for summer and those hot days where your about to head out, but cant be fussed with piles of makeup and want something that isnt going to slide all around the face...
# Beautifully Bright Bold Lips...
Easy! Choose strong colours, that compliment your tones to wear with barely there skin...
Yes, when you first try these on you might find it far too outrageous for you, but once it settles on down, so will you! Wear your eyes neutral or with a bit of kohl liner in the inner rim.. hawt kids.
My favourite MAC colours to get your lips talking for a statement look are:
- Impassioned: beautifully richly pigmented corally pinnky/orange
- Rebel: deep pinky, bright purply colour
- Girl About Town: hot pink
- Up The Amp: bright lilacy purple
- Lady Danger: organgy red
- Lady Gaga: really light but bold light pink..
- Morange: the most amazing orange you have ever seen (huge this season)
And for the casual days or a lighter, easy burst of colour:
- Lustering (sheer bright pink)
- See Sheer (one of my favs for my days off.. darker orangy colour)
- Costa Chic (coral)
- any gloss or lipstick with bright colour done softly and in an opaque finish (flat, no shimmer)
# Chunky block colour on the eye
aka rihanna style..
Whether you wear it with a nude lip or a balanced brighter one, having an amzningly bright block of colour on the lid is a sure fire way of bringing the oomp to your look. Dont contour and dont smoke out, just use the one pop of colour to enhance and create a statement. Also, a very easy and fast way of looking good!
Best colours from MAC to use are:
- Bitter: lime green
- Sushi Flower: gingery pink
- Freshwater: blue
- Hepcat: cranberry purple
- Electric Eel: bright blue
- Goldmine: you guessed it smarty pants!
* Also another look that I heart alot at the moment is the beautifully soft gold eye.. using Amber Lights, Woodwinked and/or Bronze eyeshadow from MAC (most amazing pigment payoff..) apply this as discribed above, but also edge the colour into your lower lashes, to wrap the eye lightly in a soft wash of gold. This look was done perfectly at Louis Vuitton..