Sunday 20 February 2011

Ssshhhh!!!!

Like the very naughty, impatient girl I am.. I have been completely wrapped up in all the new trends popping up from New Yorks FW last week and Londons FW this week!

I had my heart broken earlier this week, when offered a job with the London Fashion Council working for the PR and Advertising Team over Londons FW; but due to clashing work schedules.. I had to turn it down! Events and advertising is another area of business I love and it would of been good to see all the Fashion Weeks process from another vantage point. Oh well!

In summary I think what has been seen so far is my kind of woman- powerful. With a definate 'Dont mess with me' feel, I love the empowerment the next few seasons will bring to a womans look and confidence!

So what have we seen from the makeup side of things- RED RED RED.
The red lip is going nowhere! After being around for a few seasons already some would think its past its used by date, but with such new and exciting twists on the look and with such a diversity of colours to wear, designers feel that it still has alot to give to fashion.



And not just the red lip; red, coppers and rich browns are also been seen on eye looks too. Now.. with a bit of time, let me show you how best to wear them. Can be tricky! But if done well.... wow!

New York Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2011-12 Make-up Trends: Red
Thakoon A/W 11-12

Hair styling wise.. all us gals will be happy to hear its all about the pony tail! An easy look, that doesnt take hours to do. Seen as a very clean, smooth look at Marc Jabobs to a sexy dishevelled pony tail at others. And another trend thats music to my ears! A full fringe. Ive been rocking mine on and off now for a year or so and I love it. Happy to see it on the runways and red carpets again!



For fashion A/W 11-12 brings
  • A new feel for richness, detail and sumptuous fabrics flourished throughout the NYC collections taking many shapes and forms - see Proenza Schouler, Rodarte and Thakoon
  • At Donna Karan and Victoria Beckham new shapes emerged like the wrap skirt, the midi length and a u-turn of the body con va-va-voom trend that dominated last winter.
  • Androgyny was the calling card with Alexander Wang and Phillip Lim delivering luxe utility
  • The romance with the Seventies is still in the air - as seen at Tommy Hilfiger, Michael Kors and Marc by Marc Jacobs
(vogue.co.uk)

Well, Im not going to go too far into it just yet... these seasons are ages away! But for all my aussies- heres your trends for the next few months!

Love xx

No comments:

Post a Comment